This Memorial Scholarship/Award is established in loving memory of our beloved parents, grandparents, uncle, aunt, Pastor and First Lady of Sylvan Street Baptist Church (Nashville, TN) who taught the importance of education and instilled the value of education into their children and grandchildren. Because of their faithfulness and stern stance towards education, their children and grandchildren are now heirs to their love, prayers and sacrifice. Consequently, Moses and Earline Taylor’s children and grandchild not only have received their undergrad degrees but also so many have furthered their education by pursuing post-graduate degrees. This Memorial Scholarship/Award will aid students who are seeking Religious, Seminary or Theological education from an accredited college or university so Reverend Moses Taylor, Sr. name will continue to live on.
- The applicants should be members of The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church. However, non-members may also apply and be seriously considered.
- Attend an accredited College or University
- Major in Religion Studies; Philosophy
- Graduating High School Senior, 2.5 GPA or above
- Rising Junior or Senior in College, 3.0 GPA or above
- Attending an accredited Seminary or Bible College
- Essay topic – Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome? (minimum 500 words typed and double-spaced)
- $500 for High school or College Student
- $1,000 for the Seminary or Bible College Student