The Founders of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. recognized the importance of the intellect in all matters pertaining to the advancement of humankind. As such, they made Scholarship the foremost of the Fraternity’s four Cardinal Principles: Manhood, Scholarship, Perseverance, and Uplift. Scholarship is no side issue – it is an integral and deep-rooted component of this organization. Every member, Chapter, and District of the Fraternity is dedicated to Scholarship. Thus, this Scholarship was formed an effort to assist with some of the financial responsibility of going to college.
- Male with a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Be accepted at an accredited 4-year institution of higher learning
- Be involved in extra-curricular school activities or organized youth activities
- Be a member of a church and involved in church activities
- Essay (minimum 250 words typed and double-spaced)
Topic: How has social media impacted today’s youth and what influence does it have on their future?