The Captain Gwendolyn Fulton Law Enforcement Scholarship was established in 2018. Captain Fulton spent 33 years in law enforcement creating policies regarding highway safety. The highest-ranking Black Officer in the history of Georgia Department of Transportation and Department of Motor Vehicle Safety Enforcement Divisions. Her goal is to assist young people pursuing Law Enforcement or Criminology degrees with the cost of furthering their education.
- Graduating high school senior
- GPA 2.5 or higher.
- Major in Law enforcement or Criminology
- Applicant must enroll as a full-time student at an accredited college or University
- Scholarship Award amount: $1,000.00
- Write essay (minimum 250 words typed and double-spaced) chose one of the following topics.
- In today’s political climate, how do you plan to use your degree to bring about changes or bridge gap?
- Assuming that the Criminal Justice system is broken, how would you contribute to its repair?
- What are your ideas on the emerging concept of defunding the police?
How would you improve the relationship between law enforcement and communities that are consistently are at the hands of police brutality?