The Brenda F. Scott Achievement Award Scholarship, established by her family, is a scholarship given to recognize exceptional achievement by an individual scholar. Her legacy was to encourage others to always excel in all one has purposed in their mind to accomplish. Being a devout scholar of the literary arts, including biblical studies, she believed one could always discover life and their dreams through literature. She believed in giving selflessly to others to receive her greatest reward, which could only come from her heavenly Father.
- Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Student should have a connection or background to the arts (singing, dancing, artist, theater, etc.) or literature (recitation or poetry, etc.) in some way. They may share orally how their life has been impacted by the literary and/or artistic arts to be considered.
- Student must also be a member of the Greater Piney Grove Youth Ministry (The M.A.R.K.E or name established) and be a regular Sunday school attendee (During the pandemic, the student may have attended online classes or service frequently)-to be verified by youth pastor and SS teachers.
- Student may provide verifiable hours of community service (in-person or virtual attendance). The service must be documented by the organization(s) where the service has been completed (represented by an award or credit hours) and a contact person must be provided to verify.
- Student must write a short essay (100 words or less) explaining why they feel they should receive the Brenda F. Scott Achievement Scholarship.