The Brandon James Butler Entrepreneurship Scholarship was created in 2020 by Brandon Butler in dedication to his parents and family’s support of his entrepreneurial endeavors. The goal of this scholarship is to empower the next generation of Black entrepreneurs and leaders. This annual $1000 scholarship will be used to help fund business related startup costs for aspiring young entrepreneurs of color.
- Graduating high-school senior in the Metro Atlanta area
- Black/African-American students
- 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Looking to start a business immediately after high school graduation. (Student does NOT have to be attending college to qualify).
- Graduating high-school senior with a business already in operation with plans to expand are also eligible.
Scholarship applicants must submit a short business plan up to 2 pages/slides max (submissions longer than 2 pages/slides will be disqualified. No cover slide, logo, etc. required) that clearly answers the following five (5) questions:
- What’s the problem?
- How do we know it’s a problem?
- What’s the solution?
- How do we summarize the solution?
- How do we prove it works?