The FJM General Scholarships were established in memory of members of The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church to acknowledge and award demonstrated academic educational achievement. The Frank Jones Memorial Scholarship Commission use these scholarship funds with the mission of providing financial assistance to active members and surrounding community students who seek to further their educational endeavors.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be transitioning from high school to an accredited Vocational, Technical, a two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning in the upcoming Fall semester or quarter;
- Qualify and complete the General Scholarship Application of interest;
- Write a Biography “Tell Us About Yourself” (a typed doubled spaced brief biography).
- Submit General Scholarship application and ALL required documentation for each scholarship you are applying for (i.e. official transcript, College Board test scores, acceptance letter, essay, biography, participation verification on letter head, etc.) in sealed envelope.
Click below to download application and all scholarship requirements:
- Download the Frank Jones Memorial Scholarship & William E. Flippin, Sr. Leadership Scholarship
Application PDF / Word
- Download the FJM General Scholarships Application PDF / Word
Deadline date for all applications is Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 12:00 noon.
Scholarship Selection: (Click the link to the scholarship to download application and requirements)
- Frank Jones Memorial Scholarship
- William E. Flippin, Sr. Leadership Scholarship
- Alex Ayers Student Athlete Scholarship
- Brenda F. Scott Achievement Scholarship
- Chapman Foundation Scholarship
- Dixon & Blake Scholarship
- Gwen Fulton Law Enforcement Scholarship
- Herman L Smith, III Scholarship for Emerging Leaders
- Moses and Earline Maxwell Taylor Clergy Scholarship
- Olivia Watkins Bolling Family Foundation Inc. Scholarship
- OMEGA Psi Phi Fraternity Scholarship (Criteria TBD)
- Ruby Lee Smith STEM Scholarship
How to submit:
Drop off: Deliver sealed envelope with applicant name on front of the envelope to:
The Church front office Attn: Gwen Taylor
1stfloor of The William E. Flippin Sr. Family Life Center
The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church
Mail to: Applications MUST be postmarked by deadline date.
The FJM Scholarship Commission
1879-1921 Glenwood Avenue, SE
Atlanta, Georgia 30316
Only complete application packages received by 12 Noon, Sunday March 31, 2019 will be considered.