The FJM General Scholarships were established in memory of members of The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church to acknowledge and award demonstrated academic educational achievement. The Frank Jones Memorial Scholarship Commission use these scholarship funds with the mission of providing financial assistance to active members and surrounding community students who seek to further their educational endeavors.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be transitioning from high school to an accredited Vocational, Technical, a two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning in the upcoming Fall semester or quarter;
- Qualify and complete the General Scholarship Application of interest;
- Write a Biography “Tell Us About Yourself” (a typed doubled spaced brief biography).
- Submit General Scholarship application and ALL required documentation for each scholarship you are applying for (i.e. official transcript, College Board test scores, acceptance letter, essay, biography, participation verification on letter head, etc.) in sealed envelope.
Click below to download application and all scholarship requirements:
- Download the 2020 Frank Jones Memorial Scholarship PDF / Word
- Download the 2020 William E. Flippin, Sr. Leadership Scholarship
Application PDF / Word
- Download the 2020 FJM General Scholarships Application PDF / Word
Deadline date for all applications is Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 12:00 noon.
Scholarship Selection: (Click the link to the scholarship to download application and requirements)
- Frank Jones Memorial Scholarship
- William E. Flippin, Sr. Leadership Scholarship
- Alex Ayers Student Athlete Scholarship
- Beaver Beauty Academy Scholarship
- Brenda F. Scott Achievement Scholarship
- Capt. Gwen Fulton Law Enforcement Scholarship
- Capt. Kennis Rashad Harrell Public Safety Scholarship
- Chapman Foundation Scholarship
- Community Builders Scholarship
- Dixon & Blake Scholarship
- Mary & William Boone Social Sciences/Humanities Scholarship
- Olivia Watkins Bolling Family Foundation Inc. Scholarship
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Tuition Assistance Scholarship
- Rev. Moses and Earline Maxwell Taylor Clergy Scholarship
- Ruby Lee Smith STEM Scholarship
How to submit:
Drop off: Deliver sealed envelope with applicant name on front of the envelope to:
The Church front office Attn: Gwen Taylor
1stfloor of The William E. Flippin Sr. Family Life Center
The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church
Mail to: Applications MUST be postmarked by deadline date.
The FJM Scholarship Commission
1879-1921 Glenwood Avenue, SE
Atlanta, Georgia 30316
Only complete application packages received by 12 Noon, Sunday March 29, 2020 will be considered.