The William E. Flippin, Sr. Leadership Award has been established in honor of our pastor, Dr. William E. Flippin, Sr. This leadership award recognizes a student who has excelled in leadership and academic achievement, community involvement, extracurricular activities, and personal qualities. The mission of the Frank Jones Memorial Scholarship Commission is to provide financial assistance to active members of The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church who seek to further their education endeavors by attending vocational school, technical school, or a two (2) or four (4) year accredited institution of higher learning.
- Be a member of The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church for two (2) years prior to application deadline date of Sunday, April 25, 2020 at 12:00 noon. (Member number must be provided)
- Be involved in activities and/or ministries at The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church.
- Be transitioning from high school to an accredited technical school, or a two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning in the upcoming Fall semester or quarter.
- Have a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher (official transcript required) or must have earned a GED (General Equivalency Diploma) by application deadline;
- Submit a Biography “Tell Us About Yourself” (a typed doubled spaced brief biography)
- Essay Topic: In today’s political climate, how do you plan to use your degree to bring about changes or bridge the gap between political parties?(Minimum 500 words typed doubled space). Helpful writing tips attached.
- Participation verification on organization letterhead indicating leadership position date of service and sponsors signature.
How to Submit: Place application and required documentation (i.e. official transcript, College Board test scores, acceptance letter, essay, biography, participation verification, etc.) in sealed envelope. Deliver sealed envelope with FJMS and applicant name on front of the envelope to:
The Church front office Attention: Gwen Taylor
The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church
1stfloor of The William E. Flippin Sr. Family Life Center
**Only complete application packages received by Sunday, April 25that 12:00 noon will be considered.
** Please note the winner of WFLA will not receive a FJMS award.
Scholarship Award: $5,000.00