It is our pleasure to acknowledge your educational achievements! This scholarship fund has been established in memory of one of our former pastors, The Reverend Frank Jones and in honor of our current pastor, Dr. William E. Flippin Sr., Senior Pastor. Our mission is to provide financial assistance to active members of The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church who seek to further their educational endeavors by attending a vocational school, technical school, or a two (2) or four (4) year accredited institution of higher learning.
To be eligible, students must:
- Have been a member of The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church for at least two (2) years prior to application deadline date of Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 12:00 noon. (No Exceptions) (Member number must be provided);
- Be involved in activities and/or ministries at The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church;
- Be transitioning from high school to an accredited vocational school, technical school, or a two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learningin the upcoming Fall semester or quarter;
- Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher (official transcript required) or must have earned a GED (General Equivalency Diploma) by application deadline;
- Biography “Tell us about yourself” (a typed doubled spaced brief biography);
- Completed Essays (2):
- Essay Topic (1) What do you consider to be the single most important societal problem? Why?
- Essay Topic (2) Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school.
(Minimum 500 words typed doubled spaced). Helpful writing tips attached.
- Participation verification on organization letterhead indicating leadership position, date of service and sponsors signature;
Only complete application packages received by noon,Sunday, March 31, 2019 will be considered.
After receiving your application and supporting documentation, applicants will be contacted for a scheduled interview.
Scholarship Award: $5,000.00