The Olivia Watkins Bolling Family Foundation Inc. scholarship (OWBFF) was established in her memory by the Bolling Family. Mrs. Olivia Watkins Bolling received only a 5thgrade education; she was a hard worker; the oldest of eight children, and was responsible for assisting in their care. Her work ethic and loyalty to assisting her family provided knowledge and wisdom beyond her years of formal education. Later in life she and her husband Sidney raised six children. She was a member of the family church, and was dedicated to helping others meet their educational goals. The great joy of Olivia’s life was her family and friends. The OWBFF, Inc. Scholarship will award a community – based scholarship to a qualified male high school student. It is our honor to recognize an eligible student who serves their church, school and community.
To embrace and perpetuate an excerpt from the Greater Piney Grove Mission statement, “We will provide refuge and services to improve the wellbeing of all those in and connected with this church and the surrounding community”; this scholarship is open to any student regardless of church affiliation.
- Male with a 2.0-2.5 GPA
- Be accepted at an accredited institution of higher learning
- Be involved in extra-curricular school activities or organized youth activities
- Be a member of a church and involved in church activities
- Be a member or connected to community or civic organization
- Write essay (Minimum 500 words typed double-spaced)
What do you consider to be the single most important societal problem? Why?