The Frank Jones Memorial Scholarship
It is our pleasure to acknowledge your educational achievements! This scholarship fund has been established in memory of one of our former pastors, The Reverend Frank Jones. Our mission is to provide financial assistance to active members of The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church who seek to further their educational endeavors by attending a vocational school, technical school, or a two (2) or four (4) year accredited institution of higher learning.
- Be a member of The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church for two (2) years prior to application deadline date of Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 12:00 noon. (Member number must be provided)
- Be involved in activities and/or ministries at The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church.
- Be transitioning from high school to an accredited technical school, or a two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher learning in the upcoming Fall semester or quarter.
- An official transcript must be submitted or a GED (General Equivalency Diploma) by application deadline;
- Submit a Biography “Tell Us About Yourself” (a typed doubled spaced brief biography)
- Essay Topic – Vice-President Elect Kamala Harris said, “We live in a country of opportunities”. What does that mean to you? (Minimum 500 words typed doubled spaced). Helpful writing tips attached.
How to Submit: Place application and required documentation (i.e. official transcript, College Board test scores, acceptance letter, essay, biography, participation verification, etc.) in sealed envelope. Deliver sealed envelope with FJMS and applicant name on front of the envelope to:
The Church front office Attention: Gwen Taylor
The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church
1stfloor of The William E. Flippin Sr. Family Life Center
**Only complete application packages received by Sunday, April 25that 12:00 noon will be considered.
** Please note the winner of WFLA will not receive a FJMS award.