The Captain Gwendolyn Fulton Law Enforcement Scholarship was established in 2018. Captain Fulton spent 33 years in law enforcement creating policies regarding highway safety. The highest-ranking Black Officer in the history of Georgia Department of Transportation and Department of Motor Vehicle Safety Enforcement Divisions. Her goal is to assist young people pursuing Law Enforcement or Criminology degrees with the cost of furthering their education.
- Graduating high school senior
- GPA 2.5 or higher.
- Major in Law enforcement or Criminology
- Applicant must enroll as a full-time student at an accredited college or University
- Write essay (minimum 250 words typed and double-spaced) chose one of the following topics:
- Why do you want to go into the field of Criminology?
- What event or person has made you want to enter the field of Criminology?
- How do you see a degree in this field making a positive social change and/or change society?
- What current events have kept your interest in pursuing a degree in Criminology?
- Once you’ve completed your degree in Criminology, how would you use it to build a better relationship between your community and law enforcement?
Scholarship Award: $1,000.00