The Brenda F. Scott Achievement Award was established in 2015 by her family as a book award to recognize exceptional achievement by an individual scholar. Her legacy was to always excel in all one has purposed in their mind to accomplish. Being a devoted scholar of the literary arts, including biblical studies, she believed one could always discover life and their dreams through literature. She believed in giving selflessly to others to receive her greatest reward which could only come from her heavenly Father.
- Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Student must have a background in the arts (singing, dancing, artist, etc.), literature recitation, American or Foreign Lit studies, poetry, etc.
- Student must be a member of the Greater Piney Grove Youth Ministry (The M.A.R.K.E or name established) and be a regular Sunday school attendee.
- Student must have at least 200 hours of community service. The service must be documented by the organization(s) where the service has been completed.
- Short essay- Explaining why you feel you should receive the Brenda F. Scott Achievement Award. Also, you may share how your life has been impacted by the literary and/or artistic arts to be considered. (minimum 100 words typed and double-spaced)