The Brenda F. Scott Achievement Award Scholarship established by her family is a scholarship given to recognize exceptional achievement by an individual scholar. Her legacy was to encourage others to always excel in all one has purposed in their mind to accomplish. Being a devout scholar of the literary arts, including biblical studies, she believed one could always discover life and their dreams through literature. She believed in giving selflessly to others to receive her greatest reward, which could only come from her heavenly Father.
- Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Have a connection or background to the arts (singer, dancer, artist, or theater etc.) or literature (recitation or poetry, etc.) in some way. They may share orally how their life has been impacted by the literary and/or artistic arts to be considered.
- Must be a member of the Greater Piney Grove Youth Ministry (The M.A.R.K.E or name established).
- Be a regular Sunday school attendee (During the pandemic, student may have attended on-line classes or services frequently)-to be verified by Youth Pastor and Sunday School teachers.
- Provide verifiable hours of community service (in-person or have virtual attendance). The service must be documented by the organization(s) where the service has been completed (represented by an award or credit hours) and a contact person must be provided to verify.
- Write a short essay (100 words or less) explaining why they feel they should receive the Brenda F. Scott Achievement Award Scholarship.
Scholarship Award: $1000.00